Tuesday, October 21, 2008


October 20, 2008
Neil is so funny. He was really craving an apple, so I told him we would stop at the grocery store and buy him one after we dropped Ruth off at school. Well, I didn’t want to go into the grocery store once we got there because I can never just run in for one thing and I didn’t have my list, my coupons or my bags, so I ran through the line at McDonnalds and got him some apple dippers (expensive!) He and Liam were sharing, the apples as we were walking around Target (luckily I think Liam is getting over his little problem with apples or we would have had a mess later). Liam got the last apple and threw the bag out of the cart. I asked Neil if he would pick it up for me and he did, then he threw it back in the cart and sternly said: "Liam, we only have one world!" Where the heck did he learn that?!? I have taught him that littering isn’t good, 'give a hoot' and all that; and we just had a Boy Scout lesson on our mini-vacation about leaving the forest cleaner than you found it, but ‘we only have one world’? Too funny!

No comments: