Thursday, September 18, 2008









September 17, 2008
We drove down to Callie and Travs house yesterday after Neil got out of school. Ruth didn’t even mind being ripped from class early because she was going to get to see Carter. The drive there wasn’t bad, except Hillarie insisting on French fries and chocolate shakes when we had to stop for the bathroom in Tucson. (I hate to admit it, but I was the one that had to request the stop. I kept asking Neil and Ruth if they had to go but they didn’t so I couldn’t point a finger at anyone but myself.) Neil was in heaven because of all the bugs. Right off, there was a stink bug crawling up the house that was the biggest I have ever seen. Liam got right up to it and was screaming "bub!” Then their was a grasshopper that was so fat I thought it was a frog at first. Callie you should buy yourself some Lysol kitchen spray, it kills bugs on contact. Or I could loan you Neil who was gleefully hacking anything that twitched with a sword. I went outside to show Liam some bug tootling across the backyard when I caught sight of this amazing sunset. Being the annoying mother/aunt/sister that I am, I made everyone come out for a picture. Im still upset with myself for not being more patient with Liam, or should I say 'more insistent' with Liam. He wanted to go find bugs instead of waiting for the flash. The only one I have with a flash is of the back of his head. Oh well, there’s always next time for a good picture, there always is with me…sorry guys.

3 comments:

AUBREY said...

Great pictures-and is that pizza all over everyone's face? I love the sunset.

Hillarie Mae Bradshaw said...

fun trip!

Meg....i never thought i would see the day that you would listen to Eminem...but lo and behold it is on your playlist...whoa.

M Evans said...

It's also the only one I like. Whoa. I know Marcus made fun of me too. I originally had his song right before Michael Buble'. It made me laugh every time.

Yes, it was Pizza, I figured I couldn’t be too picky, getting them outside and in the right spot was almost asking too much. I think most of them would have balked at the lick and spit technique.