Sunday, August 3, 2008


June 8, 2005
<--He is pulling her hair in this picture. Neil Loves Ruth's hair and grabs a fist full every chance he gets. I know Ruth didn't know how to express hurt and frustration, she knew she couldn't hurt him back so she would get right up in his face and scream her hurt at him, which would in turn make him cry. we told her she couldn't do that anymore because he didn't understand he was hurting her, he just thought it was pretty, so now right when she is about to scream in his face she stops, takes a breath and says nicely, "Please don't pull my hair." I have always been impressed with Ruth's ability to calm herself down and deal with things more rationally, even as a baby if i told her in a soothing voice to calm down she would. To this day all i have to do is tell her and she does. Unlike Neil who gets worked up and the only thing you can do is put him on his bed and let him scream it out. In his defence, once he knows he doesn't have an audience, he cools off real fast.
Ruth did the funniest thing today. She left her purple princess sippy cup at Grandma Holly's house, however she wanted her Juice in it. I told her no, and the reason why, and she thought about it for a minute and then said real dramatic, "I left it...*SNIFF SNIFF*" A Dramatic Sniff from a 2 year old. I thought they threw temper tantrums?!?

No comments: