Wow, it’s been a long week. I had no idea last Monday that Easter was in less than a week. For some reason I thought we had a bit more time, no, so I got 3 baskets pulled together amid all the hustle and bustle of mutual meetings to talk about going to the pageant, going to the Pageant twice, the dentist, girls night out with friends, no school on Friday... We got a really neat packet from the Relief Society in our ward that you open one envelope each night and it talked about what the Savior did on that night before the first Easter. We sat down as a family twice and had to play catch up both times! It really felt like I was going non-stop all week, and yet I gained 5 lbs when all was said and done. Not hard really if you think about it. We had conference last weekend where we sat around and ate candy while we sat and were spiritually fed. I ate
out 3 times, and finished off the week with 2 full ham and potato meals, 3 Easter Egg hunts,(you moms know where all the good candy goes!) bowling, egg dying twice, an egg bash, church, (of course!) 2 sets of Easter baskets and lots and lots of fun family together time. But like I said, I love Easter; If I ever feel like it's getting to be too much "bunny", I just think of that last few moments during the Easter Pageant when Christ is rising up above everyone and suddenly I remember why I love Easter so much. (You just have to remember to tune out the part where your kids are whispering about who can see the crane or not!)
I took 130 pictures this weekend so I just added a few of my ultimate favorites!
This is at the first Easter egg hunt, Liam was enjoying the fruits of his labors.
This also was at the first Easter egg hunt with Marcus' extended family. The girls were so cute sitting here chatting.
Neil getting ready to try his egg bashing skills after the first time they dyed eggs. Love that game face!
My wonderful ducks right after church.
Ruth prepping her one of 3 eggs she ended up getting her hands on. (There were 3 dozen eggs to dye and 4 very excited little boys in addition to herself.)
One of the very excited little boys dying an egg. (in a brand new white shirt...)(What was the Easter Bunny thinking? White?)
Liam having a nice chat with Uncle Travis after dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment