The past few years I have gone early and saved seats on the front row but I wasn't feeling up to it today so we ended up getting there around 7pm.
My wonderful chickens.
I was actually holding Neil’s hand, him being my wanderer and all, while Ruth was walking right in front of us holding Liam’s hand but I sent Neil up for the pictures sake. Anyway, we found some seats in the back where we only had to crawl across 5 people to go use the restrooms and meet some of the cast:

Neil and Liam met both of the Roman Guards that whipped Jesus; Neil was not amused when the guy asked him if he wanted to hold the whip. I'm not sure if he was scared of the guy or if he knew what it was used for, but he refused to touch it. Last year one of the centurions offered to let him hold his dagger and he was all excited, not sure what he was thinking this year, I will have to ask him later.

Ruth wanted to have her picture taken with one of the 10 Virgins, but this girl ended up being "Mary at the end" (I think It was the Mary that discovered the empty tomb and saw Jesus.)

Liam really wanted to meet the shepherd with the baby lamb (couldn’t catch him, *darn*) but he told me "So Cool!" After his picture.
Earlier today we went to Wal-mart to buy some binoculars since I knew we weren’t going to be getting good seats. (I figured it would keep them entertained) The kids thought they had hit the jackpot. Mom was actually buying them something cool, for no reason and they didn’t even have to ask! So they were pretty fascinated with them for a good chunk of the time, even if they looked through them the wrong way making everything miles away instead. Liam really liked them because they looked like Wall-E eyes. He was so funny when I took them out of their pouch and handed them to him. He kept saying his nose was too big and pressing on it. I couldn’t figure out what he was so concerned about until I realized his "block-ie-rs" needed to be unbent.
They were like this--> OO
Instead of like this--> O^O
if that makes sense...
Neil
Ruth
Liam
I took these pictures using my cell phone light and no flash on my camera. They are a little abstract, but it was the best I could do without completely annoying the people around us.
I think Next year I will get there early and wait for good seats; they did well for not being able to see most of it, but last year they watched the whole thing like it was a cartoon. Liam was a wiggle worm for the first half, but I perched him on Adele and he was glued for the last bit. He really liked all the lambs and the cock crowing, but he kept telling me he liked the angels the best. (Probably because they are my personal favorite and I kept excitedly telling him to look at them) My inquisitive Ruth sat on dads lap asking all sorts of questions, she said her fav. part was when Mary sang to baby Jesus. (That’s a good one!) Neil couldn’t pick a spot he liked best and said he liked it all (though he perked up when the torches and rioters came on stage) He also asked me if that was the whip he saw when they scourged Jesus.
So it was a great night, the weather was perfect, the Ned's subs were tasty and Neil only got knocked to the ground twice on our way to the car. (Once was with help from a bigger boy that didn’t see him as he was running by.) I couldn’t stop laughing and he couldn’t stop crying. Neil that is; he wasn’t hurt, just embarrassed and tired.
P.S. Adele didn’t appreciate being used as Liam’s perch.









No comments:
Post a Comment