
Did anyone else see the sunset last night? It was gorgeous!
December 13, 2008
I woke up this morning at 7:30 to Liam bouncing in his bed Yelling: "Maaaaameeeee!" I didn't want to get up yet though so I ignored him. Ruth was watching cartoons at the time so she went to get him up and at 8:00 when I did get up to go get my bountiful basket this is what I found: (that's Eve's dress hanging up in the background Katie, shall I wrap it for Christmas?:)

It was nice to see Liam humoring Ruth; She is always trying to mother him and he wants none of it so when he does let her have an inch, she usually takes a mile smothering him in kisses making him dig his heels in even more. She must have been spot on this morning for him to cuddle with her for 1/2 hour watching cartoons. I snuck out so I didn't have a crying Liam pounding on the laundry room door as I left.

Saturday is 'clean your room' day and I usually vacuum for the kids, but I made Ruth (who is still afraid the vacuum will spontaneously suck her up if she walks by to slowly) do it herself. Seriously, its time to conquer the fear, she has gotten over the hand drill and blender, the vacuum is next. (though I'm not sure I'm ready for her to stop furiously cleaning things up when I turn it on...)
After we cleaned Ruth and I made cookies. I even had enough patience to let her measure and pour things into the mixer. Luckily though she lost interest and decided taking pictures and video (of which I will not bore you, its mostly her saying "Hello Gingy, you are so silly, I'm going to eat you, goodbye." Repeatedly) of me rolling and cutting out the dough. I ate too much peanut butter dough so when I was done baking my allotted 84 cookie men, and cleaning up the mess, I laid down to rest my overworked gallbladder and let Ruth have the rest of the dough. I was very impressed she did great rolling and cutting the dough and even putting them on the cookie sheets, all I did was tell Marcus when he got home how long to bake them.
We went over to Grandma and Grandpas house later, I was STARVING, but the only thing that sounded good was a Turkey bacon Grinder from Neilsons. It was very good.
A very few of Ruth's pictures: (she particularly wanted me to put the one of her shirt in, there were about 2 dozen to choose from... because she read it and told me what it said, thereby impressing herself and wanting to impress all of you.)(are you impressed?)











1 comment:
Mmmm, Neilsen's! That is funny that Ruth is still afraid of the vacuum. Eve and Satchel purposely try to sit on it and stand in front of it when I am vacuuming. It makes me nuts. One of these days I will probably get Eve's hair just like Kaci's in high school. Then maybe Eve will be afraid!
Post a Comment