Thursday, November 20, 2008

I bought my first stocking stuffers of the year last night. *sigh* I don’t like doing any Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. I know, Weird... most people like to be finished wrapping by the time I get started, but I love the whole hustle and bustle, singing carols, badly, as I shop, and yes I even enjoy lines (as long as I'm alone). People watching is a part of the holidays right? I also like to wait to start shopping because even if I was finished...I would just continue to shop until Christmas Eve anyway, so what’s the point? My biggest reason though, dawned on me last night on my way home from mutual. We already have a house with Christmas lights on it…and turned on, in our neighborhood! It makes me sad that Thanksgiving gets overlooked when it really should be celebrated with more gusto. One of my favorite talks was by President Foust in the December 1996 Ensign called: Gratitude as a Saving Principle. Lines from the talk pop into my head all the time reminding me of things like: " “thank the Lord thy God in all things” (D&C 59:7) is more than a social courtesy; it is a binding commandment. " and “Hold fast to the blessings which God has provided for you. Yours is not the task to gain them, they are here; yours is the part of cherishing them” Im so grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and of a living Prophet today. Im grateful for my family and a wonderful husband that I couldn’t live without. Truly, I am so blessed. (Im also grateful for really good food on thanksgiving, credit cards, black Friday with Marcus home with the kids and warm coats)




Neil and Liam wearing the hats Neil has made in preschool this week. Neil’s is an Indian hat, and Liam’s is a pilgrims. Neil is also holding his cornucopia he made.

Link to my fav. talk :) I couldn't figure out the link insert thing.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=3bafdbdcc370c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm with you on the Thanksgiving Holiday being almost ignored. I love Thanksgiving also and the whole idea of being thankful for what you have. This year family comes to my mind and how fragil life is. Love the picture of your boys, especially Liam with his cute little snaggle-toothed smile. What cuties!!!!!