Sunday, October 5, 2008














October 5, 2008
I love General Conference; church in jammies is great. Grandma Evans told Ruth last night to pay attention during the Sunday morning session so she could get a treat. She didn’t watch a bit of it and was trying to get Marcus and I to help her out on the way over to Grandmas house to eat lunch. We told her she would just have to do a real good job during the afternoon session to make up for it. Well I would say she did. She sat next to me, quite willingly, the WHOLE time and took notes. I was very proud of her and of her note taking.


After Confrence we went home and Travis and Callie came over with thier kids and we celebrated Grandma Holly's birthday. The weather was perfect so we ate outside and the kids had a great time on the swingset. I love our backyard; my husband is the best.

Travis caught 3 Arizona Tiger Salamanders and brought them to show the kids. Carter gave one to Ruth and Neil so we are now the proud owners of this fine fellow. I forgot its name Callie! All I remember is the little one is named Sally. hmmm... Neil has been carrying this little cage around the house, with Liam of course dogging his heels, catching crickets. We have a million all of a sudden so it wasn’t very hard to do and we had about 5 left.(that were alive after being mangled into the cage by Liam) The kids watched in fascination as the salamanders ate them up, I thought Neil might be sat to see his pets eaten up, but he was fine with it. (So was I)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Carter just made this up, but he says that the salamander's name is Jacob.???? I am glad that the kids like the new pet. I am just sorry that we could not leave you with more of them.

M Evans said...

Awwwww, don’t worry about it! I do remember him telling me now that its name was Jacob, Ruth and Neil thought it would be funny to call him Alexander Salamander though so Jacob will have to be his middle name. (You don’t have to tell carter this though if you don’t want to... He did say we were just babysitting it.) :)