Wednesday, September 10, 2008


September 10, 2008
So I was ironing Monday night and I was leaving to go throw some laundry in (Oh that reminds me, Ruth was complaining that her fav. jammies were dirty, I told her, "well Im doing laundry right now...” and she got an attitude with me and said "No your not, your just eating." Little Turkey, what does she want me to get out a washing board and do it the old fashioned way?) Anyway, I was leaving the ironing board to go throw some laundry in (very domestic huh?) so like a good mother I unplugged the iron because Liam was running around playing still. Well a good 10 minutes later I hear a shriek, the kind that lets you know: "Im in pain here hurry up...". Liam had walked up to Marcus at the the table holding the iron by the handle, but he must have caught the edge with his other hand. Marcus had picked him up and was like "Is it on?!?" Me: "I unplugged it I swear!" The little bugger had plugged it back in and burned three blisters across his fingers. He held an ice pack on it for a few minutes but after that he didn’t complain again. I gave him some Motrin, though he didn’t seem to need it. They are good sized blisters too. I must just be a baby about burns; I have to keep an Ice pack on it for hours afterwards.

No comments: