Friday, August 8, 2008





March 3, 2007
We went out today, Ruth was wearing Goggles and Neil was wearing Ruth’s Pink rubber boots that were too big and on the wrong feet…and a cape. WE went to Jack Stanley’s B-day party earlier and it was a superhero party and Molly made capes for them. It was funny to see all the kids run around with capes on.


March 4, 2007
We got up earlier for a yard sale this morning and Poor Neil had the hardest day. First he got woke up, then he was playing in Grandpas extra room in the garage and he sprayed himself in the face with industrial strength window cleaner. I gave him a bath but he still developed a rash on his face. Then he was playing outside and he was whacking a extension cord hanging from the eves, probably left over from Christmas and it swung back and gave him a fat lip. Then he was playing with a stick and he whacked Sawyer on the back of the head (apparently on purpose) and got a sliver. Then he was helping Trevor jam sticks into the garbage can and something traumatic happened. Carrie and I couldn’t figure out what happened this time. He also fell down ½ a dozen times and each episode resulted in a 5 minute crying fit. We were all laughing in between our “Poor Neil”s by the time the yard sale was over. Yes this all happened between 9am and 11am. I was telling Grandma Holly about it on the phone and she told me to bring him over for some loves. We went and Neil came home with a long angry scratch from his lip to his ear. He said the bush did it when he tried to get his ball. I can’t believe his poor face!
March 30, 2007
We have moved into our new house, it’s been wonderful having no stairs (yeah! No more Neil falling!) And space, we just need to fill it up. The only furniture we have now is my La-z-boy I just bought with my dog money, my glider I got with some other dog money and another La-z-boy the old owner left. Ruth was excited to pick her room; she chose it because it had a bigger closet than the other rooms. I told her we would be going to a different church building with different people and she told me she was nervous people wouldn’t like her. I told her all she had to do was smile a lot and say Hi and tell people her name. We were walking down the hall to the chapel and I looked back to tell her to hurry and she had a huge (fake) grin on her face and she was waving at everyone that passed. She has never had a problem making friends.
Ruth and Neil were having a long conversation about slivers (they were actually blisters…) and Can-owls (canals)
Neil got a scrape on his knee so Marcus gave him a bath to clean it out. When the scrape got wet, it looked like it disappeared so Neil said delightedly “My grape got scared and ran away!” He has such a funny little way of talking he says words like stairs: “Sta-yows” and ‘scared’: “Sca-yowed”.
Neil is big into Superman and Spiderman. If he “Dooz it like spiderman” he is shooting web at you, and if he “Dooz it like Supa-man” he is running with his hands out in front of him.
Sometimes when Neil hasn’t seen Grandma Holly for a while he is very clingy. He will only let Grandma do things for him, like getting him a drink. I feel sorry for her sometimes.
I just recently found Neil’s box of “Future” shoes, and in it were all of Ruth’s old Flip flops. He LOOOOVES them it’s been 3 days and he hasn’t taken them off, not even to sleep.

No comments: