Saturday, August 9, 2008



August 4, 2008

Ruth decided just after school got out in June, that she was going to have a party. She spent all day in her room making lists of food, things to do and an invitation. Then she told me it was for the following day. I told her we would need some more time to plan it and get the decorations and food stuffs she requested (Pizza, PB&J for those who didn't like Pizza, Birthday Cake, Cookies, Brownies, Ice cream and BBQ chips.) (We really only ended up with the Pizza, chips and cookies) I kept putting it off and then it got to be the last week of Summer Break and I had guilt. So Marcus, with his new fancy printer, scanned her invitation and printed out a bakers dozen and she glued them to some construction paper and wrote out names. Then she and Daddy spent the evening passing them out. Marcus said she kept telling everyone "Its going to be really fun, you should come..." I typed out a little note to the Moms that she glued onto the back of her invitations:


"Ruthie is throwing a party for all her friends and Neil's as well! She made the invitations at the beginning of Summer and I kept telling her "Not this week, maybe later." Thinking perhaps she would forget. It is now "later". She has done 100% of the planning, shopping, decorating, and food selections. i even had her work for the money to buy everything (sort of) so she is very proud of everything she has accomplished. While she wanted the party to be a P.J. party and end at "New Years Eve" we decided that a little get together for just 2 hours would probably be better! please call her and RSVP, she will probably be waiting by the phone. Who knows maybe she will be a very successful wedding planner when she grows up. (Don't tel her that though, she has decided that she is going to be a farm girl and raise crops, and yes, she will share with you if you come visit her farm.)


The party is at Ruth's house

Monday, August 4 @ 10:00 - Noon

Sorry for the late notice, I really did have all summer to set the date, I'm just not as together as my 5 year old.


Megan Evans

(phone #) <--you know, to RSVP... or tell me I'm crazy."


I got quite a few "your crazy"s too, including one from myself when i had 15 kids between 1 and 7 running around my house screaming and being very, very loud. (all 4 boys were chasing the girls around with guns and swords and the girls were having a great time screaming in 'fright'. Luckily my house only suffered minor casualties. I took Ruth shopping at Greenbacks first thing and gave her 7 dollars to go hog wild with. She bought: gift bags, 2 pkgs. of kazoos, balloons, 2 garland boas, paper plates. She had already bought plates, but she liked the ones with the balloons on them too. She had gotten a $5 gift card from her primary teacher that she got some plastic plates, cups serving platters a relish tray and a water pitcher with. (all on clearance!) anyway, to sat it mildly, I'm very proud of her and her accomplishments. She impressed a lot of moms today.
*Later today, Ruth got her hair cut, and then we went and met her new kindergartner teacher. She is SOOOOO excited for school to start!

No comments: